Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Still unpacking

Well, I got my shipment of boxes yesterday - delivered safe and sound! Only one box was slightly damaged. It's the one that I haven't opened yet, so we'll see what's wrong, but it is full of books and it doesn't seem like anything was destroyed, just maybe a little bent up or wet.

I have unpacked everything except for that one box of books and DVDs. I am very happy that I have so much room here...I actually have extra shelf space in my closet! I did have to order a new bookshelf and DVD stand and some underbed storage, but it was all inexpensive (and a reimbursable moving expense to boot!). I am looking forward to having those things on Thursday and hopefully being all settled in by the weekend. I am going to take some pictures when everything's done so you can see my room and the rest of my flat. It's really not that exciting, though. Looks like something I might have lived in in the States!

Work has been plodding along, but I expect to have a huge influx of work any day now and the anticipation of that is just looming over me. In the mean time, I've been enjoying normal days and the ability to work out and relax in the evening!

I noticed my Bath pics were a bit small. I'll have to go back to the "medium" setting next time - sorry about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
I finally caught up with your adventures. I was a little nervous about your bath pictures until I read down a ways. Whew! I read the book Jessie gave me about the Jane Austen tour where the girl kept running into the real Mr Darcy. You didn't see anything, did you? Just checking...Have fun! (we hate snow here)Jill