Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Moved in

Well, I finally moved into my new apartment on Sunday morning. My (new) good friends Sarah and Sam graciously allowed me to stay with them all of last week since my corporate housing ran out and I needed somewhere to live while I went to work and waited to move in here. Sarah and I went shopping for bedding on Saturday and Sam drove me and all of my suitcases up here on Sunday. I unpacked and promptly went back down to their house for lunch before church in the evening, since we had planned that 2 weeks ago!

I now live on the east side of Islington, on the border of Shoreditch. There is a park a couple blocks behind me, right in front of me and a canal with a path alongside right behind here. There is a bus stop 5 steps from the front door and a tube stop about a 12 minute walk (or 5 minute bus ride) away. It is close to Old Street and Upper Street (both trendy locations in the shopping/dining world of London) and easy to get to from almost anywhere in London. My flatmate is nice, although we haven't spent much time together. She is an investment banker at UBS and if you think that I work a lot... Let's just say she's not home tonight at 11:00 and I must have been sound asleep before she came in last night.

I'm busy trying to decide where my first trip will be. I'm leaning towards Italy in mid-May. I'd also like to do Spain this summer and maybe choose somewhere else for the fall. Somewhere warmer...Turkey? I have already been invited to Cornwall (on the southern coast of England) for what is Memorial Day weekend in the U.S. We have a bank holiday here, which is when everyone takes long weekends from work.

If you would like my new address or phone number, send me an email or leave me a message here with your email. I enjoy seeing your comments, even if it's just to say that you've been checking in on me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- Send me your new address and phone number -- you never know--I may decide to call you sometime. :)

katieparris2@bellsouth.net

Katie

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you've moved in! And it makes me kind of giddily happy that you and Sam and Sarah are all "like this" now. *crosses fingers* I assume they're the ones who invited you to Cornwall? IT'S GORGEOUS. I want to retire there.

I want to come play with you. :( I'll survive, somehow...

Email me your address and such. I will put it to use!