Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend Wanderings

Pretty much "all" I needed to do this weekend was buy some household items - dishes, clothes drying rack, etc. So my task was to 1) find where to buy this stuff, 2) figure out how to get there and 3) figure out how to get it home. Without boring you with the details, it was a very frustrating, long process. Which isn't complete yet. I have dishes, but no glasses and I still need to get out to buy some other things tomorrow.

I did go to a dinner people at the home of a work friend tonight. It was nice to get to know some other people more informally. All of them have had the same struggles I am going through of getting settled and learning the city, so it's nice to take comfort in that.

No comments: