Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Skype-ing

Today I finally was able to get Skype downloaded onto my computer. Supposedly we're not supposed to have non-Deloitte software downloaded, but we'll see what happens. Anyway, I signed up for Skype Pro which gives me call forwarding to my cell and a number that I can call in the UK and then connect at my (cheap) Skype rates to the US. Sort of like a calling card. Also, I bought a Colorado number that people should be able to call and text me at.

Currently neither my calling card feature or my US number are working, but I have a question in about that so hopefully it will get sorted out and I can be in better contact with many of you! However, my Skype is working on the computer. So if you want to talk, you can download Skype and we can arrange a time to talk via the computer since Skype-to-Skype calls are always free! Downloading Skype is free too...you just need a headset with mike I think. I just talked to my mom and the connection was very good, better than the cell phone even!

My user name is kathy.vawter if you're interested.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard marvelous things about this Skype contraption, but have yet to fiddle with it. Maybe I'll check it out one of these days.

*wink*

Marjorie Vawter said...

I didn't use a headset to download mine or talk to you yesterday. It was all the computer mikes and speakers. It was a good connection both time we talked. :)

Love you!
Mom

Kathy said...

Well, then maybe you don't if you have a good computer with decent speakers and mikes. But if you want to see each other, you'll need a webcam or a computer with a webcam built in. Still working on this piece...

Dave said...

I'll send you a info request through Skype, I use it to chat and call friends in much less civilized areas of the world than London, the quality is very good.