Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Royal Ascot

Last Saturday and went with some work friend to the Royal Ascot horse races. Royal Ascot is an event that everyone dresses up for and wears hats and watches for the queen to come by! Oh, and watches the races too. ;) I had a great time dressing up and wearing a hat for the first time. My friend Sarah helped me pick it out since I had no idea what I was looking for or where to buy it! But it turned out well and I enjoyed the whole experience, especially my glimpse of the queen.

The queen (on the far side of the carriage in blue). Her husband, Prince Phillip, is on the near side of the carriage in the top hat.















Me in my hat!
















Quite the fashionable party - me with my friends Brandi, Kelley and Stephanie
















One of the races flying by our vantage point

1 comment:

Katie Turner said...

I love the hat! you look very "prestigous" and very upper crust! :) Glad you had fun!