Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life Update

I realize my posts have been a bit less frequent than they previously were. I'm happy to say that's because more of my time has been taken up with new friends and researching new trips! After the frenzy of summer European travel dies down, I plan to start getting back into my UK weekend day trips and continuing to explore London.

But next on the travel calendar is Italy! I leave Sunday (very early in the morning) to travel to Rome where I will meet up with my tour group. From there we will drive all over Italy - Rome, Florence, Pisa, Sorrento, Cinque Terre, Venice, Bologna, etc, etc and back to Rome! I will have a roommate for the trip (hope she's nice!) who I won't meet until Sunday. I will be gone for 12 days and hopefully 7 MBs of camera memory is enough!!! I am excited to try this new form of travel and especially excited to experience all there is to see and do and TASTE in Italy.

Tonight I just booked a ticket for Athens to go visit friends (hi Jess!) who will be there in July. We're hoping to get out of Athens and experience some of the Greek Islands on this trip and "play in the Mediterranean" as Jess so aptly put it. After Greece I think I'm going to have to stay in or close to London for awhile to save my £££. All of this travel is fabulous and exciting, but it does come with a price tag!

On the work front, I've been busier than ever before this summer. I am working on a couple big and challenging clients. I have learned so much since I moved here and I'm really excited about the rest of this year work-wise as I take on more responsibilities and prove myself at a place that still feels very new to me.

I guess that's about it for now. I just wanted to let you know I'll be pretty quiet for the next couple of weeks, but expect a slew of posts toward the end of the month. Arrivederla!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREECE!!!!

\o/

Marjorie Vawter said...

So Jess finally got you to agree! LOL You'll have fun, I'm sure.

Love you,
Mom