Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Monday, June 23, 2008

Florence, Italy

After Sorrento, we traveled back past Rome and into Tuscany to Florence. I took a few pictures of the Tuscan countryside, but none of them did any justice to the beauty, so I won't try to tell you. Google it or watch a movie or something and you'll get the idea. :)

Florence is a very historic and artistic city. It is the city where Da Vinci and other Renaissance men lived. The architecture and art were amazing. It is a city with massive art galleries, including the one that holds the famous statue of David. We took a tour of the city and watched a leather demonstration. After that sightseeing, I spent most of my day exploring the markets and stimulating the European economy!







No comments: