Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Monday, June 23, 2008

Cinque Terre, Italy

OK I'm still hanging in there for my 4th post tonight...about halfway there!

Cinque Terre is a beautiful area on the north west coast of Italy. It literally means 5 villages and is 5 small fishing villages famous for their brightly colored houses and precarious perches. You can't drive between them, but you can take a train or ferry or walk on a path. We took the ferry and stopped briefly in the first and fourth villages and stayed an afternoon in the last one (sorry I don't remember the names). Oh, they are also famous for the basil they grow and make into lovely pesto!!!

Enjoy the pictures - I don't have much else to say about this area besides it was absolutely stunning and I would love to go back!




No comments: