Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Championships, Wimbledon 2008

I went to Wimbledon TWICE last week! There are a few ways to get tickets to Wimbledon and I utilized two of them. One of the more fun and generally known ways it to stand in line whatever day you want to go and wait for people to leave so that you can buy a grounds pass. That gives you access to all of the outer courts and the hill where there is a big screen TV playing the Centre Court match. From there, you can also stand in another line and try to buy tickets to Court No. 1 or Centre Court as people leave their seats there. Another way to get tickets is on Ticketmaster the night before.

Monday I went and stood in line with friends from work and got onto the grounds. The Centre Court match was very popular so we weren't able to get actual seats but we watched a few of the outer court matches and also watched the TV on the hill. It was a beautiful day and I was completely hooked on Wimbledon!





Since there were some big matches on Wednesday (men's quarterfinals), I decided to cough up the money and get actual seats at Centre Court to see Federer and Nadal play their respective opponents. Despite a bit of rain delay, I got to see both of them play and had a fantastic day with my friends! The matches actually turned out to be not that exciting since they both only went to 3 sets, but I can say I have seen Nadal and Federer play live! (The pics below are Federer and then Nadal.)





By the way, the finals are today. I don't have tickets but I will be watching at home with friends. Hopefully they get to play as the wind and rain are nasty in London today.

3 comments:

Katie Turner said...

That is so freakin awesome! :) I mean, I'm not a huge tennis fan, but that would still be cool to watch and be there!

Gekko Frost said...

Cool!! I watched that Federer match on TV. Maybe I saw you in the crowd and didn't realize!

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

How exciting to see some matches in person! My husband, being a Brit, was of course watching this awesome showdown on Sunday. We got to see some lower ranking tennis players this weekend here in the States. While it wasn't Wimbledon, it was cool....

Thanks for checking out my blog! I am trying to regularly post, but am working on launching a website project with friends, so that keeps me pretty busy. But I hope to write more soon, so keep checking back!

Take care...
Tamara
http://mommy-girl.blogspot.com/