Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Monday, June 23, 2008

Sorrento & Capri, Italy

OK, well I'm clearly having problems with uploading pictures. It is working differently than normal, so forgive me if they aren't as neatly placed and organized as normal. It isn't being very user friendly :/

Sorrento and Capri were the most beautiful parts of my trip by far! The weather was amazing, the views were stunning and I thoroughly enjoyed every part of laying on the beach, crusing around Capri and visiting the Blue Grotto.

The view of our hotel area from above. Our hotel is not in sight, but we had a private beach and swimming area that we took full advantage of both nights we stayed there.


















We had dinner in Sorrento that first night after a lounge on the beach. The sunset was an absolutely perfect dinner time view.



















The next day we took a ferry to the Isle of Capri and cruised around the island first thing. Then we had the afternoon to explore (and hit the beach again!). The beaches on Capri are made of big rocks, not sand, so that was an interesting and painful experience. During our cruise, we stopped at the Blue Grotto and switched to smaller boats that we basically had to lie down in to get into the grotto. It was once Julius Caesar's private swimming area and the water reflects the rocks in such a way that makes the water shine bright blue - beautiful!




After our day on Capri, we headed back for more beach time (yes, I'm tan) and dinner at the hotel where we enjoyed another sunset. My roommate and I were lucky enough to have a top floor room that opened onto the roof top terrace. Both mornings I set out there and enjoyed the peacefulness and watched the fisherman. I was sad to leave Sorrento!!

1 comment:

Abby Engle said...

Thanks for the postcard!! It looks like you had a great time....you're becoming quite the photographer!