Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Success!

Good news everyone! I have found a GREAT apartment in a great area with a great roommate. It is on the border of Shoreditch (southern/western Hackney) and Islington Green (southern/eastern Islington) if that means anything to you. It is a very modern place, which is difficult to find in London. It has a doorman (safe and secure so my mom is at ease) and a gym. The apartment is 2 bed, 2 bath with a big common area and extra closets - also hard to find in London. The commute to work should be pretty simple by bus, tube or walking and there are lots of restaurants and shops near by. My roommate is Nigerian and she studied in the States. She is an investment banker at UBS. I met her today and we had a nice chat. Last night I saw the place with the girl who is moving out. There is sufficient furniture for all of my stuff and plenty of room to relax, etc. Yay!!! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, I could really tell they made a difference as it was about the time people were reaching out to me and saying they were praying that everything worked out...just like I knew it would!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy!!!
I'm such a horrible friend for just now getting back to this website and actually checking up on how things are going for you. I have thought of you often though. I'm thrilled for your apartment findings! I'm also thrilled about all your London jaunts and activities. Sounds like you're really settling in. I'm so happy for you. I guess you're getting ready to get back to work soon. That stinks--but I guess you're probably ready by now.Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! :) I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your place. You know, if you're still living there in a year and a half. :D

Sarah said you're staying with her and Sam for a week. She also said you were lovely. :) Give her my love!