Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, January 6, 2008

4 weeks of "vacation"

Friday was my last day at Deloitte in Denver. I had a very nice lunch with many of my friends and then I had a going away party. I had such a great time talking with everyone and was very happy to see so many friends. Some who I currently work with, some who I used to work with and some I've never worked with but came out to support me!

Today was my official last day in my apartment. I had a couple friends help me move the last of the big stuff out and now it is safely in the new owner's garage. I am living with a couple friends for the next 2 weeks while I help them remodel their house and also do all of my pre-move things - doctor visits and seeing friends mainly.

My next day of work (at Deloitte anyway, not counting remodeling!) will be February 4 and I'm looking forward to learning about my new colleagues and my new position.

I'll try to get some pictures from my party posted before I go. Very soon I will be having more exciting pictures of Europe!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why Can't I create a Blog?!!!!!

Kathy said...

Because your name is Derrel.

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy!
Your mom shared your blogspot on her Christmas letter, so I get to follow your adventure abroad! Congratulations on achieving this opportunity.
Both Marianne and Chris have their CPA's and have survived the 'firm' experience. They both enjoy working for American Express here in Phoenix.
Email me if you have a moment during your London adventure so I know I am doing this correctly. Your mom has my email address.
Mrs. Lober