Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A visit with Shakespeare

Well, not literally. Last weekend I went to Stratford-upon-Avon which is the birth and death place of Shakespeare. I saw several houses and sights related to his life and also had the opportunity to catch up with Denver friends Chad and Laurie. They live near there so we spent the weekend together. On Sunday we visited the Black Country Living Museum and learned about the lives of coal miners and their families in the mid 1800s to early 1900s. There was a whole village set up and lots of very knowledgable guides and actors. The only downside was the cold and rain - I guess autumn has truly set in to England. :(
Next week I promise to have more exciting non-England pictures as I start back into my European travel with a trip to Zurich this weekend!!!

The house where Shakespeare was born



A lot of the town was preserved/restored like it was in the 1500s



The farmhouse that belonged to Anne Hathaway's family. Anne was Shakespeare's wife

No comments: