Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Friday, October 24, 2008

Scotland

The next weekend my parents visited, we headed up to Scotland to explore my Mom's ancestry. Her grandfather lived north of Edinburgh until he emigrated to the US in the early 1900s. We stayed in another lovely B&B in Edinburgh and explored Edinburgh and quite a bit of the surrounding area (by car again!). We went to my great-grandfathers home town and saw the street where he lived.

There are TONS of castles in Scotland! We went to 3 of them - 1 in ruins. We also visited the golf courses at St. Andrews and Glasgow. My favorite was just wandering on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh and checking out the shops and watching the bagpipe players. Everyone we talked to was so nice and the countryside was beautiful!

Edinburgh Castle

At the Palace of Holyrood Place


Stirling Castle views

Cathedrals in Glasgow and Edinburgh



On board the Royal Yacht Britannia


Now that I've been away for the last FOUR weekends in a row, I'm going to stay in London for two whole weekends! I am looking forward to sleeping in, relaxing and enjoying what's going on in London (like the NFL game this weekend!). My next trip will be to Spain with my friends Chad and Laurie...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Totally Awesome!!! Great that your parents made the trip too. I'm sure it was great to have family around for a little while. It does look beautiful there. Thank you for sharing.

Travis

Anonymous said...

Love the boots!
Mandy