Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Friday, October 24, 2008

Cornwall - and my first English driving experience!

Well, my parents have just gone back to the US after visiting the UK for 2 weeks. They enjoyed their visit very much and were able to see a lot of things. But I think they got an understanding of how MUCH there is to see and do here as they still have a list of things to do! See why I live here? :)

The first weekend they were in London, we took a driving trip down to SW England. You might remember Cornwall from when I went for my friend Sarah's birthday in July. This was my first time driving in the UK and I was a little bit nervous at first, but also very excited!!! If I must say, I thought I did a pretty good job, especially as I had to drive in London, on the motorway and on some pretty narrow roads.

We had a great time exploring the coast. We hunted out a castle that my Vawter ancestors had built in the 1200s after they were given some land from William the Conqueror. That was a cool experience even though the castle isn't open so we had to figure out other ways to see it!

We stayed in a really lovely B&B. I drove quite a lot on Saturday and I was exhausted at the end of the day! I experienced some very interesting roads and rode on a ferry and didn't kill anyone. So it was successful. We explored several towns along the coast and enjoyed the unusually beautiful weather!

No comments: