Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oxford

On Saturday I went to visit the town of Oxford. The main attraction is Oxford University, which is made up of lots of small colleges. I only visited Christ Church College and then spent time reading on the riverbank and wandering around the town and the market. It was a pretty day, but prettier in London, so I didn't stay long in Oxford and ended up coming back to London to enjoy the warm sunshine (it is fairly rare for it to be warm and sunny in the same day) for the late afternoon. It stays late until after 9 PM this time of year, so it is fun to enjoy evening sunshine and long days.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy!
I've truly enjoyed all of your blogs about this fascinating opportunity you have to travel Europe. Just had to comment about Pompeii and you remembering fifth grade history! Glad you remembered something. I have always loved studying Pompeii, and would love to visit there. Other interests of mine are Tuscany and Venice. Very nice photos. I plan to download Skype to my new MAC (which has taken a little getting used to.)
My brother, Gary, the FamilyLife missionary, and his wife, Cindy, just returned from England where they attended their son-in-law Chris Hopkinson's graduation from medical school. Chris and my niece, Jennifer, live in Newcastle Upon Tyne where she is teaching. He hopes to intern in the US this fall. It would be wonderful to have them back in Little Rock, AR. They met when she took summer mission trips to a camp in UK, and romance blossomed!