Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Interview Update

Well, I had my "interview" on Thursday and it went well I think. Although, I don't think I'd ever like to have a real interview over the phone! You really realize how much nonverbal communication goes into something like that and you get NONE with a phone call. Anyway, I had the call with Robin (the recruiter/senior manager that I've been working with) and Holly (a manager who has been there 3 years). They asked me about the sort of work that I do, my reasons for coming to London and my intentions for how long I will stay and things along that line. They also talked about the sort of work they do, the opportunities they have coming down the road and some of the differences and similarities between their US offices and the UK office. As always, I came up with more questions to ask after we hung up, but I know they are available to answer any questions I have. Robin said that from here she will call my references and then present me to the partners in London for approval. I should hear back from her in 2-3 weeks with more details about how we will proceed. In the meantime, I think I will email a couple people with some more of my questions and continue my search for a good area of London to live in.

No comments: