Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tonight in London

Tonight my friends Sarah and Sam took me to Tower 42 for my birthday. Tower 42 is the tallest building in the City (we were at 509 feet up), debatable about all of London since there are a couple big ones in Canary Wharf. Anyhow, there are amazing views all over the city, so I've attached some pictures. We had a tremendous view of the west/southwest of London and Sam managed to get the best picture EVER (you'll be able to tell which one!).
When I was headed home, there was some sort of military parade! There was a band marching along the street and they were dressed in military dress like you'd see at Buckingham Palace - long grey coats, tall black hats. I was struggling to keep up/catch up with them and I was having severe camera difficulties (Sam having changed all of my settings), so I got really poor pictures, but I've attached one anyway.
Our view before the sun went down

Looking down towards Canary Wharf (with the Gherkin poking in on the side)

Our view after the sun went down!!!


Me and Sarah


Really bad picture of random military parade


2 comments:

Randy Vawter said...

That one with the lights is amazing!! Happy b-day, btw!

Gillian said...

Hey Kathy,
Happy Birthday! hope everything is going well across ocean!

Gillian
www.peruviangillian.blogspot.com