Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Well, this is the third time I've typed this entry as my computer seems to have an issue with posting. I've had a very quiet weekend, mostly because I've been nursing a cold and "chesty cough" (cough syrups here are classified by the type of cough you have, i.e. chesty, tickly, rattly, etc.). Plus, it's been cold, windy and rainy, which isn't a huge inducement to go outside!

My new experiences this weekend were all culinary. Last night I had the opportunity to go to Nobu, which is a famous Japanese restaurant. It was very good, but I think overrated, as I was expecting to be wowed with the food (but wasn't). However, I'm glad that I can say I went there and I also enjoy the area of town where it is. However, no celebrity sightings. :(

Tonight I went to a place called S & M Cafe (stands for sausage and mash, in this case). Sausage and mash is a very traditional English meal and has fairly obvious ingredients - sausage and mash (potatoes). At this place, you can choose between 10 or 12 kinds of sausage and a few types of mash to make your meal. Yummy and fun!

No comments: