Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm alive - don't worry!

Some of you may have been wondering where I've disappeared to. The answer is - my desk. Even the porter (doorman) in my building saw me yesterday and asked if I had been gone somewhere because he never saw me coming home from work! This has turned into my busiest busy season yet but it's not all bad. I have worked some very long weeks and my brain is beginning to turn to mush, but I have learned a lot and feel that I'm settling into my new manager role.

So I haven't been able to take the day trips I was fortunate enough to take last year, or even wander around London. My weekends are generally spent at work and if I do have some spare time, I usually nap, read, catch up on emails or buy milk! The simple things. The truth is I have come to the point where I am exhausted mentally and physically, so the few hours I get on Sunday after work are so very precious.

Right before all of this started, we had a snow storm in London. It made international news, so I'm sure you heard about it. It wasn't very much snow by my standards, but it was so beautiful to see all over the city. Plus most of the transportation (well, the above-ground stuff anyway) shut down so most of the city had a snow day and I enjoyed watching people have fun in the park.

Well, I was just going to upload a picture of the snow, but apparently I don't have any and I'm too comfortable on my bed to go see if they are on my camera. Sorry, perhaps another day! For now I am going to concentrate on getting into bed and doing my best to have a good night's sleep before another very busy week.

No comments: