Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Progress

Some exciting things have happened but rather slowly. I now have a visa! So I can legally stay in the UK and work for 5 years. I have a roommate prospect (friend of a friend of a friend) in order to save money (initially anyway). If that works out, I lose a lot of the stress when I first arrive in London...yay!!! I am starting to sell my US belongings. Anyone need a new living room or bedroom set? TV? (Seriously - let me know...These are the things I'm nervous about now.) I have a work "buddy" - someone who will answer questions for me now and also help me get set up in the office when I arrive. I have a US bank account that will link to my UK bank account.

I'm sure there are other exciting things but that's all I can think of for now. I had a nice Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family and enjoyed spending time with them. I am looking forward to a quiet Christmas with my immediate family, followed by a frenzied two weeks of parties, packing and goodbyes. But until then I am hunting around for things to sell on Craig's List and starting to throw away and pack up other things...such fun!

No comments: