Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mounds of paperwork

Well, not really "mounds" but there is some. Most of my paperwork is done electronically. Since my last post, I got my work permit in the mail but it said I was Male! So I sent it back over there and they fixed it and got it back to me. The bummer about that was that if the first one had been right, I could have gone to the British consulate when I was in L.A. a couple weeks ago and had everything for my visa squared away without having to put my work permit and passport in the mail. But alas, things don't always work out the way we would plan for ourselves, right? (Story of my life on that L.A. trip...that's another thing though.) So. Yesterday I sent my visa application, passport, work permit and some other stuff in the mail to the British consulate. Within 5 business days I should have a visa to work and live in the U.K. for 5 years. Pretty sweet deal, huh? Too bad it cost me over $400!

I have started selling some of my household things this week. I have someone coming to look at my bike tomorrow and I have some interest in my golf clubs as well. Next step is my furniture, but I plan to wait until closer to time to move for that. If you would like to lay claim to anything in my apartment (aside from my piano), please let me know and we'll work out a fair deal. Also, my cat needs a good loving home, preferably with someone that I know!

I have to go, but wanted to get an update out there. Things are still moving along and I'm still as excited/scared as ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You (almost) have a work permit! Probably do by now. :) That's so awesome. That's my biggest hurdle, because it's nearly impossible to justify hiring me when there are plenty of other people able to do my job. Or the job I want. The mythical job that may be opening up at some point in the future.

But I'm networking? Or something?