Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Finally!

I got my offer this week! After it was in the mail for two weeks, I finally received my paperwork from the London office on Monday. I had a chance to read most of it through, but there is more info online that I haven't gotten to yet. I have a call with my contact in London to discuss the details on Monday. Also, I submitted my information for my work permit so that is in the works. According to some other emails I have gotten, I will also need to submit some more info electronically in order to complete my background check, etc. I also need to sign and send back the paperwork I have. I plan to do that next week after I talk to Robin. So much to do already!!!

I did have to choose my start date this week and send that off to HR. Are you ready for the official news? ... February 4 will be my first day of work in London. I plan to leave the states about 2-2 1/2 weeks before that in order to get an apartment and get situated and spend some time figuring things out. Then by the time I start, it will be just in time for busy season so I will be in the swing of things right away I imagine.

I am still working on researching places to live and finding out about roommates, commutes, etc. I have had VERY little time to do anything about all of this since I've been completely slammed at work. But hopefully in a couple weeks, that will calm down and I can focus more on my move!

4 comments:

klev said...

Wow! Sounds like you have a ton to do! But at least it all seems like it is coming together nicely.

Portmanteau said...

very exciting. busy, but exciting.

Anonymous said...

Yay! YAY YAY YAY! :)

January is SO CLOSE!

Kathy said...

I KNOW! I about fainted when I realized yesterday that I am leaving in 3 1/2 months!!!