Fascinating tales about my life on the way to and living in London

Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 in Review

Well, it's a few days late, but here it is as promised: 2008 in review!

As you know, I started 2008 in Denver and moved to London at the end of January. Since living in London, I have visited 11 European countries (in order of my visits, as close as I can remember):

*England

*France

*Spain

*Portugal

*Hungary


*Italy

*Greece

*Wales

*Switzerland

*Scotland

*Spain (again)
*Germany


In England, I have taken multiple day trips to places like Bath, Oxford and Cambridge (along with a few others) and a couple of weekends away to Cornwall.

I went home in September for a weekend and just returned to London today after 4 weeks in the US attending training and visiting for the holidays.

I have enjoyed my job at Deloitte doing US corporate tax and just received a promotion to manager which I am really excited about!

I have had visits from Rachel, Aimee, Sarah, Sandra, Kara, Jessica, Ben, my parents and Craig and met up with Jess and Jaime in Athens. Forgive me if I've left anyone off...

All in all, I am very thankful for 2008 and the blessings I had! I am looking forward to some more big trips in 2009 and will of course be sharing them with you here!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Eleven countries. I'd said that's a good year's work. :) But...can you top it this year?! ;)

Kathy said...

problem is, this year i might be doing a few repeats! but i could definitely top it because my big summer trip will be at least 3 countries instead of just 1 (like italy was)...stay tuned!